Mike W. Phelps
Mike W. Phelps
Mike Phelps has spent his entire legal career of 20 years working ONLY on PERSONAL INJURY and WRONGFUL DEATH cases. As a a young lawyer, Mike first represented insurance companies and corporations against the victims of car wrecks, semi wrecks, fall down cases, defective products and many other types of personal injury and wrongful death cases.
In 2005, Mike “switched sides” after winning a case in a jury trial against a young man who had been severely burned by the negligence of a business. Sick to his stomach, Mike vowed at that moment to never, ever, represent an insurance company or corporation again, and he made it his personal crusade to seek justice for the people and to equal the playing field for the people against the big insurance companies and big corporations.
Since 2005, Mike has ONLY fought for the rights of victims of the negligence of others. Mike has tried jury trials in courts all across the state of Indiana, from Gary to Lawrenceburg, Fort Wayne to Evansville, South Bend to New Albany, Terre Haute to Richmond, and all points in between. Mike has also tried jury trials in Federal Courts across Indiana.
Mike is a seasoned TRIAL LAWYER. While respectful to all, Mike has the reputation of being a “bulldog” in the court room. MIKE WILL NEVER BACK DOWN FROM ANY BIG INSURANCE COMPANY OR BIG CORPORATION. PERIOD. Mike is licensed to practice in all Indiana Courts, State and Federal.
- Bachelor of Arts, Indiana University, Bloomington – 1995
- Juris Doctor, The Capital University Law School – With Honors – 1998
Honors and Awards:
- Selected as 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Super Lawyer. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Mike is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar & Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
- National Trial Lawyer’s Distinguished Counsel, Top 1%.
- Best Lawyers in Indiana, Top 10.