Were you involved in a crash in Indianapolis or anywhere throughout the state? Then you should contact an Indiana car accident lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you do that, the more your auto accident attorney can do for you.
Believe it or not, legal help comes with quite a few benefits for Indiana car accident victims. This is especially true when it is requested and received in due time. Yes, timing is very important, for several reasons.
Why Contact a Car Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible?
- To avoid losing your right to compensation. Indiana code section §34-11-2-4 allows accident victims two years to sue for damages. It may seem like a lot of time, but most cases begin with an insurance claim. It is important to start early enough to be able to file a lawsuit if the insurance claim is unsuccessful.
- To avoid doing things in a hurry and making mistakes. Compensation claims require following procedures and need supporting evidence. All of that takes time, and doing things against the clock is never a good idea. Insurers will exploit any opportunity to deny a claim or diminish its value.
- To make sure you obtain all the evidence you need. With time, gathering evidence and finding witnesses becomes more difficult. Most of the evidence related to car accidents is available at the scene. Some witnesses forget details or change their address and phone number. Many public and private institutions delete their video recordings regularly. It is better to start the evidence-gathering process early and do everything right from the beginning.
- To recover your losses sooner. Car accidents cause considerable losses – from property damage and medical expenses to lost wages and pain and suffering. Covering all out of pocket is a challenge even for the wealthy. The sooner an Indiana car accident attorney takes over a case, the sooner their client gets paid.
- To gain information, advice, and peace of mind. Knowing that you will recover all your losses is not enough. You need to know how to do it, what to expect, and how much you will recover. An Indiana auto accident lawyer can provide those answers and more.
For all these reasons and more, you should consider calling a lawyer right from the accident scene. Doing it in the following days or weeks is acceptable as well. The more you wait, the more difficult proving your case and obtaining a fair compensation becomes.
However, this does not mean that you should give up seeking legal help just because you did not do it immediately after the accident. Depending on when you call them, there are numerous things an Indiana car accident lawyer can do for you. Here are some of the most important.
The Benefits of Working with an Indiana Car Accident Attorney by Case Stage
1. At the Accident Scene
Many accident victims neglect their duties. They leave the accident scene, do not request medical assistance, or fail to report their accident. Quite a few do not even think of gathering evidence or make costly mistakes (admitting fault, signing right waivers, etc.).
Even a phone conversation with a car wreck lawyer can be enough to get them back on track and help them focus. Having an attorney present at the scene is even more beneficial, as the victim will receive timely advice and help with all endeavors.
2. Before Filing the Compensation Claim
Identifying the party at fault and the available insurance coverage is not always easy. This is especially true in multiple-vehicle accidents. It takes information, legal knowledge, and a strategic approach. Knowing the law and having access to numerous resources, Indiana car accident lawyers turn everything into routine.
3. During the Car Accident Claim Process
Putting together an accident claim takes time, knowledge, and effort. The claimant needs to send notice of their claim, support it with evidence, and deal with the insurer’s representatives. They will need to review settlement offers and negotiate terms.
A car accident lawyer can take care of everything. They will not rest until they make the insurer pay. If they fail, they will exploit all appeal opportunities. They are well-motivated to do so, given that most auto accident attorneys work on a contingency fee. This means they only get paid if they win.
Get in Touch with One of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Indiana Now!
At Stewart|Phelps|Wood Injury Lawyers, we can help you no matter the stage of your case. We will assist you, advise you, represent you, and get you the compensation you deserve. Either that, or we do not get paid! Call and make an appointment with our Indiana car accident attorney now!