Goshen Hospital Sanitizing Failure

Goshen Hospital Patients Exposed to HIV and other Viruses after Error in Sanitizing Procedure

More than a thousand surgical patients at Goshen Hospital in Indiana may have been exposed to HIV, hepatitis C and hepatitis B after an error in the sanitizing procedure for surgical equipment.medical equipment on table

Goshen Hospital officials have alerted more than 1,182 surgery patients who may have been exposed to infectious diseases due to a sterilization failure between April 1 and Sept. 30. According to their letter, a technician failed to complete one crucial step in the sterilizing process of surgical equipment.

One step in a cleaning process was missed by a technician, possibly contaminating the surgical equipment. Those who may have been exposed were sent notification letters by Goshen hospital officials, and are being offered free blood testing for the viruses. 

If you or a loved one received a notification letter from Goshen hospital after a surgical procedure, we are ready to help you hold those responsible accountable. We are here to provide assistance, and we start with a free consultation. 

Call Stewart|Phelps|Wood Injury Lawyers for a risk-free consultation, and we can begin discussing the specifics of your case today.

 

Stewart Phelps Wood Logo
Let's get started with your FREE consultation